Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Mea Culpa For My Daily Optimists

Thanks to all of you who have taken the time this past week to inquire (some of you, very insistently) as to where your daily dose of optimism has been. It is so heartwarming to know that though I've only been writing this blog for a little over a month that I could already be missed.

For those of you who feared that some misfortune had befallen me, let me put your minds at ease. The Optimist is well and as optimistic as ever! Multiple factors contributed to my absence, but for the most part I just wanted to enjoy more time with my lovely new fiancee. Can you blame me?

I did have a bit of a post-Primary hangover too. After two years of expectation, the anticlimactic resolution of Super Tuesday left me drained. It was only yesterday when the caucus results came in from Louisiana, Washington, Kansas, and the Virgin Islands, that I felt my temporary political apathy recede.

But now I'm back and I have a lot on tap this week for all of you, so don't worry. There's plenty of cause once again to be optimistic!

No comments: