Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Optimist is Back!

So, what did I miss?

Let's see. Since I left on Wednesday, Bush went to Israel for the first time in his presidency (which is just as staggering as it sounds) and announced that by the end of his visit he wanted to make significant progress in the Middle East peace process. As of 6 p.m. this evening, that doesn't seem to have happened yet, but stay tuned for hourly updates.

What else? The FDA approved cloned meat and dairy (again), thus making as good an argument for vegetarianism as any.

Oh, and French President Nicolas Sarkozy met, dated, and apparently married supermodel and professional paramour Carla Bruni.

Yeah, it's been quite a week. The Optimist even got engaged to his lovely, longtime girlfriend.

But now I'm back in Greenpoint and ready to catch you up on the latest about all-things Brooklyn. If there's anything about our borough I missed in my absence, please fill me in at brooklynoptimist@gmail.com.

No comments: